1.You need these stuffs.
- Beagle Bone Black board.
- micro-SDcard 8 GB (and SD Card adepter)
- 5V power adepter.
- USB hub
- USB Keyboard
- LAN Cable and network to internet.
- micro HDMI cable for connecting with monitor(For my case, I used 4D System's 4.3 inches LCD Cape instead of that)
2.Download Ubuntu Image file from ...
3. Extract it with this below command.
# unxz BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-14.04-console-armhf-2014-08-13-2gb.img.xz
4. Put micro-SDcard into the adepter and plug it into computer ( I using Ubuntu base PC) then write image to the micro-sdcard with this command.
# dd if=BBB-eMMC-flasher-ubuntu-14.04-console-armhf-2014-08-13-2gb.img of=/dev/sdX
where X is your sdcard drive.
5. After a while, unplug the micro-SDcard from your PC and put it into the slot on the BBB. Afterthat, hold down S2 switch(or boot switch) and plug in the power adepter. When the Linux boot screen was appeared then release the S2 switch. The flashing eMMC progress has just begun. you have to wait until the "System halt" message was displayed.
6.Unplug the micro-SDcard and reset the board. After a minute, the log-in screen will appeared. (Username: ubuntu , Password: temppwd)